Summary of Position:
Fort Worth Bike Sharing is looking for Community Ambassadors to implement educational programming for the First Mile program through partnerships with various institutions, organizations and neighborhood associations. First Mile offers $10 annual memberships to low-income and transit-dependent members of the Fort Worth community. First Mile offers $10 annual memberships to low-income and transit-dependent members of the Fort Worth community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend community events and meetings and educate riders about First Mile
- Assist riders in signing up for First Mile
- Effectively engage Fort Worth’s diverse communities through events, meetings, group rides, etc.
- Gather and organize data to measure and report on FWBS’ outreach and engagement efforts
- Work with Marketing Communications Manager to coordinate marketing for engagement activities including social media, handouts, etc.
- Assist staff with other duties as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years or older
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Experience working with low-income populations is a plus
- Ability to speak confidently in public
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to ride a bike
- Preference will be given to Fort Worth residents
The Community Ambassadors will be part-time, temporary contract positions lasting from March through May 2019. The positions will pay $15/hr.