Fort Worth Bike Sharing is seeking a part-time Fleet Technician/Mechanic to assist in the daily operation of the bike share system. The part-time fleet technician will be primarily responsible for delivering bikes to stations throughout central Fort Worth, basic station maintenance and bike repair and maintenance. Applicants for this position should have good bicycle mechanic skills, a valid driver’s license and a good driving record, strong customer service skills and be able to work independently.
- Relocate bicycles between stations using a van and/or pickup truck with trailer
- Perform basic bicycle maintenance such as inflate tires, change flats, lubricate chains and adjust brakes and shifters
- Make minor repairs or adjustments of hardware inside stations
- Must be able to complete the above maintenance in public, while interacting with customers
- Monitor station performance on the back-end software database
- Deliver bicycles to special events
In order to execute the responsibilities of this position, applicants should:
- Possess bike mechanic skills
- Be able to repeatedly lift bicycles weighing 50 pounds to a height of no less than 36”
- Be able to work while standing for extended periods
- Be able to work outdoors in extreme (rain, wind, heat) weather
- Have a solid working knowledge of Fort Worth’s streets and geography
- Have the skill to safely drive and park a van and/or pickup truck with trailer in traffic
- Be able to analyze system needs based on real-time web based reporting, anticipate short-term needs of the system and distribute the bikes accordingly
- Preference given to candidates who are bilingual and have some computer and/or electrical experience
Hours: This position is part-time (10-30 hours per week) and will include weekends and some nights. Shifts may vary weekly.
Start time: ASAP
Location: Roving, otherwise at 201 South Calhoun, Suite 113
Supervisor: Operations Manager
To apply, please email your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.